A New Service at Performance Foot & Ankle in Camarillo
Performance Foot & Ankle is excited to discuss the new MLS Class 4 Laser. We are confident that this new, FDA-approved and noninvasive treatment will be beneficial for patients suffering from both acute and chronic pain as well as inflammatory problems.
The MLS (Multiwave Locked System) laser is a Class IV "cold" diode laser. It has been supported by multiple clinical trials and studies and endorsed by our country’s finest institutions. MLS uses two different wavelengths in continuous and pulsed emissions: the 808 and the 905 wavelengths. The 808 nm wavelength is primarily for vasodilation, anti-inflammatory, and anti-edema effects. The 905 nm wavelength is used to directly address pain by acting on the superficial nerve receptors.
The photons of laser energy penetrate to a depth of 4cm into tissue layers and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. As a result of exposure to the MLS Laser, the cells of tendons, ligaments and muscles repair themselves faster. For this reason, it is used to kickstart the body’s own healing response. Treatments can be given every four to six weeks over the course of a year.
MLS Therapy Can Be Used to Provide the Following Effects:
- Anti-Inflammatory effects
- Analgesic (reduced pain) effects
- Accelerated tissue repair and cell growth
- Improved vascular activity
- Increases metabolic activity
- Stimulation of trigger points
- Reduced fibrous tissue formation
- Improved nerve function
- Faster wound and ulcer healing
- Pain associated with tendon and ligament injuries
- Pain associated with sore muscles, strains, and tears
- Healing for degenerative joint conditions such as arthritis, neuropathy, and neuromas
- Healing of plantar fasciitis (heel and/or arch pain)
- Pre- and post-surgical healing and swelling wounds
- Healing for generalized foot and ankle pain
MLS therapy is not associated with negative side effects, but the majority of patients who undergo this treatment receive major relief from their pain and inflammation. Patients tend to experience a warming sensation at the treatment site, but this is a positive sign that the body is responding to treatment. Once pain is decreased, patients are usually able to be more active, which helps their body continue naturally on the path to healing.
If you would like to experience the healing power of MLS therapy or talk to one of our skilled podiatrists about the treatment, give our office in Camarillo a call today at (805) 380-3152 or contact Performance Foot & Ankle online.